Uniquely amongst Scotland’s Non-Medical Help (NMH) providers, all HTS workers are qualified to at least SCQF Level 9. We have implemented this recruitment quality criteria as our experience shows that 3rd level students thrive with support from fully qualified support workers who have studied to at least University Bachelor’s degree level themselves.
HTS is also the only NMH provider in Scotland which is a Registered Body with Disclosure Scotland. This means we receive ‘live’ organisational updates about tutor records, whereas other agencies rely on the tutors themselves informing them of any changes, such as a new criminal conviction. We prioritised achieving Disclosure Scotland accreditation as the additional duties and responsibilities mean students, their families, and our college and university partners can all be confident we lead the field on student safeguarding measures.
Our Service Guarantee
1. Uniquely in Scotland, all HTS tutors, mentors and support workers are qualified to at least SCQF level 9.
2. All tutors either meet current DSA-QAG requirements and/or hold sufficient equivalent practical experience.
3. All HTS staff, tutors and support workers are PVG Scheme members and have undertaken HTS counter-signed PVG Scheme updates, in line with our additional reponsibilities as a Disclosure Scotland Registered Body.
4. All HTS tutors undergo a professionally approved recruitment process, including 2-stage interview, written references from 2 work referees, and a comprehensive induction to HTS’s policies and procedures prior to being allocated any students.
5. All HTS tutors, mentors and support workers must submit regular reports to HTS on how their support is progressing with each student.
Please contact us to discuss your NMH student support requirements today.